No, this is not a repeat of my earlier post about Alex Garland’s The Beach. I simply had to appropriate his catchy phrase again, because today, oh la la, I have been nominated for another award.
It’s too much good shit, too too much.
This blogging goodness has taken me entirely by surprise. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was expecting nothing from this blog. At best, I thought it would be a good place to catalogue my books and work on my writing skills. I was not prepared for the sheer amount of friendly awesomeness that continues to come my way.
So thankyou, lovely Raelke over at Little Swag of Books for this mind-blowing nomination.
The Liebster Award is an award for blogs who have less than 200 followers. The recipient must then pass the award on to new bloggers who also have less than 200 followers, to promote their blog to your readers.
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- List 11 Random Facts about you
- Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
11 Random Facts About Me…
- I have travelled through Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Malaysia. I love South East Asia.
- I nearly got arrested at the border between Malaysia and Singapore for having a 250ml bottle of gin in my bag.
- I have worked 12 different hospitality jobs in the last seven years.
- My first job was at a Newsagency, where I was paid $7.50 an hour.
- I started talking long before I could walk. Demanding baby.
- I smoked for two years, more as a fashion statement than a full-blown addiction.
- I own nearly every book that Bryce Courtenay has ever written.
- My favourite thing to do on the weekend is explore the wineries down south (Margaret River, WA)
- I am Australian but my partner is a Kiwi.
- I once ate so much chocolate at the Guylian Belgian Chocolate Café in Sydney that I threw up.
- My parents used to tell me off for reading too much when I was young.
11 questions from Little Swag of Books…
What inspires you?
I would have to say good writing inspires me. It can inspire me in all sorts of ways, from changing my lifestyle to cleaning the house.
Which languages do you speak?
I speak good old English, although I have been teaching myself Brazilian Portuguese for the last few years. Slowly…Eu fala um pouquinho de Português.
What was the last holiday you went on?
My partner and I spent 6 weeks backpacking around New Zealand, top to bottom. Absolutely the best time ever.
Do you carry an umbrella with you in case it starts raining?
I don’t own an umbrella, or a raincoat, or a waterproof jacket, or a plastic poncho….Winter is looking pretty isolated for me.
How long have you been blogging for?
I have been blogging for exactly two weeks today.
Why do you blog?
In a moment of career related despair I Googled ‘how to become a freelance writer’, which lead me to an amazing website/blog called ‘Leaving Work Behind’. The man behind the words, Tom, wrote that to start a successful online writing career you should begin with a blog. So voilà. Here I am.
If you could speak any language fluently, which would you choose, and why?
I would love to be able to speak Brazilian Portuguese fluently. When I was younger I worked in a restaurant with lots of lovely Brazilian’s, who I became very good friends with. They instilled in me a love of their beautiful language.
Poetry or prose?
Do I have to choose? Isn’t all prose poetry in a way? Gun to my head I would have to say prose…I guess…or maybe poetry…no, prose…um…
Which is the book which has made the greatest impact on you?
Way too many to list here. Narrowing it right down I would have to say Alex Garland’s The Beach, Ben Elton’s Blind Faith, Long Ung’s First They Killed My Father and Bryce Courtenay’s Fortune Cookie.
Summer or winter?
I used to be a Summer person hands down but I must say the older I get the more appeal Winter holds…open fire, red wine, woollen jumpers and ugg boots, an endless supply of good books…
What is your favourite song?
This changes so often I wouldn’t know where to start. I am currently going through a huge Lauryn Hill phase if that helps.
My questions for my nominees:
- Who is your favourite author?
- Wine or beer?
- Tea or coffee?
- Would you prefer to go out and socialise or stay home and read?
- What was your favourite book as a young child?
- What is the strangest house you have ever lived in?
- Have you ever fallen out of love?
- What are you reading right now?
- Where is your favourite pub/bar in the world?
- What is the most you have ever paid for a meal?
- Describe yourself in five words.
My Nominees Are…
- Daily Morning Pictures Of The Mekong
- Northwest Frame of Mind
- Two One-Way Flights
- Vastly Curious
- Perceptive Pot Clueless Kettle
- The Art Of Bullshitting
- Angelina Hue
- Something to Ponder About
- Street & Documentary Photography Blog
Thanks again to Little Swag of Books for the nomination. Pop over and visit this blog immediately.